- You must know how to defend against a weapon.
- You must also know how to pick up an ‘equalizier’ (weapon) to level the playing field between yourself and a much larger, stronger, more aggressive opponent.
How about this, this exact system that you learn at AMAA is the same system that is used by our U.S. Navy SEAL teams, the FBI, DEA, and over 50 police departments across America. Yes, they also learned it from the lineage of Guro Inosanto, several of his certified instructors including Sifu Anderson have been on the Navy Seal base training our military.
Yes, the art has also been widely used in many popular action movies such as:
- The Bourne Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum & Legacy (Matt Damon)
- Mission Impossible 4 (Tom Cruise)
- Resident Evil (Milla Jollovich)
- The Book Of Eli (Denzel Washington)
- Spartacus (Showtime Series)
- Star Wars (Episodes I, II & III)
There is a major reason this art was used in the movies above: because it works. Not only does it look good on camera, but it’s effectivness is battle-tested in real life situations. Books, keys, pens, and other everyday props can become very dangerous weapons in the hands of a trained Kali student.
What Will I Be Learning?
How to Kick ass and look cool of course!
Areas of the art covered at AMAA in your classes
- Single Stick
- Double Stick
- Single Knife
- Double Knife
- Panantuken (Filipino Boxing)
- Staff/ Spear Axe
- Throwing Weapons (Darts/Knives/etc.)
Filipino Martial Arts (Kali) are covered in the following classes:
- Jeet Kune Do (JKD) 1, 2 and 3
- Street Fighting